Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Pinch Me"

Here it is..."Pinch Me" in Corolla, North Carolina (Outer Banks)!  That was the name of the house and it was the way I felt many times during the week.  I couldn't believe I was really there.  Some of you may not know, but my in-laws live in Pennsylvania, so our vacations are almost always spent going east to visit family.  Don't get me wrong...I love going out there and enjoy so much spending time with them, but we had not ever gone on a "real" vacation as a family.  So we combined the two and went with Phil's family and stayed in this gorgeous house!  5 bedrooms (One with bunkbeds for the 4 cousins to stay in), all with private bathroom, a game room, two familiy rooms, a deck off of each floor, an in-ground pool...and the list goes on...it was wonderful and just what I needed. 
This picture of our driveway was actually taken from the front porch of the house looking out.  It was so pretty to see all those flowers as you drove in.  The next picture is of the kitchen.  We took our own food and did all of our meals here.  Each night one family cooked for everyone which worked out nicely.
This was the main living/family room area that was on the third floor by the kitchen and dining room.  Many World Cup soccer games were watched here! :)  The deck picture shows half of the deck on the 3rd floor of the house (off the dining room).
I got these pictures out of order a bit..I knew I would!  Oh well...these two pictures are of the den/family area on the 2nd floor (with glass doors onto the 2nd floor deck area) and the dining area located off of the kitchen.
Here are two views from our top deck at the house.  The picture on the left, you can see the beautiful blue ocean just over the sand dune and I love the picture on the right because it is sunset on our last night there just hours before pulling out to come home.
I don't know if we will take a trip like this again...maybe not.  I could blog 100 more times probably just on this trip and how awesome it was for all of us, especially the kids...but I fear I may get boring!  Ha!  So...I have the memories and I have 300 pictures (along with a small 1000 more from my sis-in-law!) and those will last me for a long time...until then....It's just...

No comments: