1 year ago
Friday, October 3, 2008
Ramblings...
So, as I was facebooking with a former high school teacher she asked me a profound question...She is praying about a situation and I told her that I had been praying for her and told her of a similar situation that I had been in when God told me NO even though I really wanted it go the other way. Her question was, "How did you know that God was saying NO?" Well, that is such a hard question to ponder. We so often say that we are praying about something and waiting for God to answer...but how DO we know what His answer is? My response to her was that I just knew what He wanted...He made it clear to me in a very intangible way, yet I knew without a doubt what He was saying to me....I didn't like the answer I received, so I truly believe it was of God and not just me making the decision. He didn't speak outloud to me...He didn't stop the plan from moving forward...He didn't close the door in my face...Yet He still told me...and I hadn't really thought about HOW he told me. Sometimes He sends others with advice, sometimes the door closes or another door opens...But whatever it is I have realized that the most important thing is to simply wait and listen for the Lord...if I TRY to be obedient in that I think He will honor that and let me know in His timing and His will what He wants for me...Sounds so simple, yet it is one of the hardest thing to do in life...Wait and listen...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wait and listen, this is so true! Yesterday I was catching up on my online devos, it was funny how all of them dealt with patience and waiting on the Lord, imagine that! Then to read through your blog! Think God is trying to tell me something? :):):)
Post a Comment