Thursday, October 23, 2008

Growing a Tree!




So every year, Brock and Grant take those little helicopters that come off of the trees in the fall (I don't know what kind of tree that is!)and plant them. We had probably 20 trees planted last year. Well a couple of them grew really well...so after several years of this and complaining that our house has NO trees at it, we told the boys if one grew well that we would transplant it into the ground once it got big enough. Well, low and behold, they grew a good little tree and last weekend we finally planted it in the backyard by their sandbox...They want shade to play in their sandbox. Of course, by the time the tree is big enough to give them shade then they'll be outgrowing playing in the sandbox, but oh well! They were sooooo proud of growing, planting and now taking care of their tree. I know that every year as I watch it grow, it will remind me of my adorable boys begging us to plant this tree and will remind me as well how fast they grow too. I'll have to take a picture each year to see how it has grown and changed. Anyway...here are some pics of the tree and the process of planting it....

No comments: