Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hide Away

Do you ever feel like you just want to run away???? Is there a way to run away from my job and just take my family and some friends and escape to for awhile? I have always loved teaching music and thought that I had the best job in the world, but you know what? Today at this moment...I'm not even liking it, let alone loving it. The kids today (all year actually) have been disrespectful, rude, don't like anything I have planned and just been out of control. I'm tired of being the angry adult that is trying to make them tow the line...could I get to smile every now and then? From teaching class, to hall duty to lunch duty...all I feel like I do is put my thumb on the kids to make them behave...not to sound like our parents (sorry mom and dad) but what has gotten into kids these days??? I'm trying at school, but if it doesn't come from home how can I expect them to behave while they are here? It's unreal and I'm simply sick of it. I apologize for having a ranting blog here, but I need to just get it out...I CAN'T do my job and teach music when all I'm doing is disciplining students the entire time they are in my class. I've tried rewards, punishments, pep talks...NOTHING is working. It is close to a full moon, but GEEZ!!!!! Anyway...that's where I'm at today...Ready to just hide away from the world for a bit and love on my family and forget all the rest! And yes, I know this is where God has planted me right now and I truly believe He wants me to be here...but some days.....

3 comments:

the back door said...

gee.....are you living my life too...wait, it's my kids that you have at school....sorry, i really feel your pain now. where is the respect i try to teach them?

jillian4 said...

This verse just keeps poking its way in lately...."So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while. These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold."
1 Peter 1 6-7
Getting a glimpse and going back into the classroom setting over the last month, I can see your struggle. I honestly believe that kids in today's society are so much different than our time:) I honestly feel like they deal with so many more pressures today and working parents that don't have time for them, or broken home lives...etc. It is sad really, but just to support your last statement, yes you are there for a purpose. Hang on...those kids may not show it but they need you. Yours may be the only smile or encouraging word they hear all day. Just remember in the midst of your anger to take a deep breath and pray and ask God to show you them through His eyes. I know it is easier said then done, but I feel that this is a struggle in many classrooms....hang in there my sister and I will be praying for you.
***by the way I did not realize Brad posted that picture of us on Facebook, how crazy!!!:):)

TWitmer said...

Thank you...I needed those words of encouragment...and just like God, He had you encourage me and I had an email this morning that was a pretty amazing encouragement as well....God is in control...Even when my world feels out of control. Thanks again!