Friday, March 3, 2023

Finding God and JOY in the daily...

As I've continued to read and look for fun, I decided to log a few things that I found especially joyful or God-filled this week.  

* Laughter with co-workers after a tough meeting

* A "higher-up" showing compassion to a hurting colleague

* An extra cup of coffee, just because

* Joy in small things...like a presentation clicker

* A student who stopped by just to see how MY day was going

* An unexpected update on a former student that warmed my heart

* Laughter with co-workers...yes this is a theme. We laugh a lot!

* A gorgeous sunset on the drive home after a long day

* Text messages at just the right time

* Memes...so many memes that just nail it!

* Former student stopping to see how I was doing

* A scripture that popped up multiple times in one day that I really needed

* Podcasts, even when listened to in 5 minute increments

* My non-cuddly cat coming to snuggle with me

* Jamming out with my teen on the drive to and from school

* A hot bath to relax muscles

* Watching Golden Girls...because...CLASSIC!

* Running into a former colleague and catching up after years

* Getting a hug from a long ago elementary student who is grown and on her own

* True crime conversations with co-workers

* Friday order-out lunches

* 6 Word Memoirs (if you know, you know)

* Working after everyone is gone and it is QUIET. So quiet.


Still trying to find the joy in this weather though (smile).

Where did you find glimpses of joy and God??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy is sometimes hard for me to realize however reading this made me reflect on this past week and yes I had a few. Going to the barn and instead of rushing through chores, just watching.the lambs eating and playing showing lambs to a prospective buyer going to a basketball game, reminiscing with a friend about.work experiences, experiencing both.the besutiful sunshine and the snow and finally reading your thoughts in your blog. Thanks for.making me take the time to reflect on my joys and thanks for.being you@