Saturday, March 18, 2023

He always shows up

 It was a week. A week of highs and lows. Tears and joys. Laughter and contemplation. And this morning I woke up feeling exhausted, even after a full 10 hours sleep. My body hurts. My head hurts. From tension, stress, and exhaustion, both physical and mental. We all have weeks like that. Honestly I forgot to look for joy this week. It was there. I'm sure it was. And I thought I would write about something else, but I feel like the Lord is telling me to slow my roll. Stop and look for me. (God might not say to slow my roll...but you get the idea). So, let me reflect a little. With the nature of some of my highs and lows, they aren't all shareable, but God showed up. In every one of them. So where was God this week that ended with exhaustion?

He was there when I am thanked by a parent for college/academic advice.

He was there in the laughter with my co-workers...so much laughter you guys. As challenging as my job can be as a school counselor, I laugh so much...sometimes to the point of tears. 

He was there with sweet faith conversations with my teenager where I'm watching her grow and search for her own faith.

He was there when I had a "situation" and my co-worker friends brought me lunch, hugs, and prayers of support.

He was there to temper my tongue when my frustration was ready to turn un-Godly.

He was there in the student that had to find me before she left early from school to give me a hug and say good-bye.

He was there when another "situation" had me doubting myself and my abilities...and my administrators gave me the words of affirmation and encouragement that meant so much.

He was there after an extremely full morning of students with me falling over laughing on my good friend and co-workers office couch and then sending memes that matched it.

He was there as I watched my daughter win mental attitude of her baseketball team and tears were on both of our faces even though most people don't realize how much that award means.

He was there in the hugs when I needed them.

He was there in my daily workouts that even when I didn't want to do...I felt great afterwards.

He was there when my teen and I blasted the radio and sang and danced our way home from school.

He was there when I finally got to have coffee with my bestie and chat about hard things, silly things, and catch up on life in general.

He was there in the concern of a student that asked co-workers to make sure I was okay and see if he could do anything...and then made up a card for me.


He was there...not for a moment did He leave me. Sometimes the hard and long weeks are the weeks that God's presence is felt the most. So tonight...I'm still tired, even after a nap, but I am blessed that God not only continues to show up, but continues to show up, even when I'm not seeking Him out like I should. I would love to hear how God showed up for you this week. And if you just didn't feel or see him...let me know that too and I'll pray for you...for you to feel His presence and see His goodness because I believe He is always there.  

God Bless you on this day and throughout the week.

No comments: