Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Florida, Part 2

So, we head off for our 2+ hour drive on January 1 from Fort Lauderdale to Islamorada (in the Keys).  Yes, we used airconditioning and wore sunglasses the entire drive! We found the resort where the wedding was first and met up with my cousin Katie, and family there.  Katie treated us to lunch...that we ordered 3 times because our waiter couldn't remember what we ordered! Yikes!
As Katie was signing for the bill, she realized it would be the last time that she signed her name this way...the next time would be with her new name!  So, of course we had to capture that!
After lunch, Mom and I decided to hurry down and check into our hotel for the night and get ready for the wedding.  It was a very quick turn-around at the hotel and right back on the road back to the resort (about 25-30 minutes away)!  We discovered when we stopped for lunch that it was very breezy off the ocean and that we'd need a sweater and I would need my hair pulled back.
Again, we met up in the bride's room for a few pictures and to see her before the ceremony.  Here's my beautiful aunt and mom...can't tell they are sisters can ya?
This is the view from my cousin's room at the resort...ahhhhhh
Quick snap-shot of the beautiful bride and I before the walk down the aisle, er...the beach!  This is my sweet, sweet cousin that I love so much!  She has been like a sister to me growing up and was maid of honor in my wedding (at the age of 16).  Just seeing her in her wedding dress brought tears to my eyes...sooo beautiful!
This was the view "down the aisle" at the wedding.
As I sit here tonight, a blizzard raging outside my window...I'm pining to be back on Islamorada feeling "cold" because of the breeze off of the ocean!  I'll cuddle on the couch instead with my memories!  More to come in part 3, Mr. and Mrs.!  stay tuned...

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness! The picture of the "aisle" is gorgeous. But I bet those Florida kids don't have a snow day today! :)

Sarah said...

That is so beautiful. What a setting on the beach! God's perfect handiwork!