The long awaited post of the wedding day..You must know how many pictures that I have that I simply didn't have space to share...I'm telling you that these two don't take bad pictures and the memory that comes with each one is such a blessing to me. Here would be the groom, Joel...if you look closely you can tell that he had been crying...BEFORE even being able to see Katie coming. Good thing "someone" had a kleenex for you huh Joel? :) But in honesty, this made me cry because I knew at that moment how much he loved and cherished her (I knew before...but it really hit me then). Take care of her Joel.
Saying their vows...Joel was choked up and Katie...she was laughing and if you know her, this doesn't surprise you at all! And of course made me tear up even more...are you seeing a theme here? HA! I tear up easily when it comes to those I love!
They did unity sand instead of a candle and the sand was actually in large shells that they then poured together.
And it's official...You may kiss the bride!
Family Picture...my cousin Ryan and his son Caden, Joel and Katie and my Aunt Deb and Uncle Dee.
I can hear the photographer getting them to do different poses as I see these pictures and have to laugh...they were both so willing to do whatever she asked. What a good sport Joel is!
The first dance as husband and wife at the reception...at the resort, still on the beach :)
Kelly (maid of honor) enjoyed herself quite a bit at the reception and even did some dancing with Uncle Dee...oh my, was she hilarious! She kept us laughing the whole time!
The bridal party. Love the colors with the beach/ocean background.
Oh my word...look at all that seafood! Yes, that is actually a boatful of seafood...I actually even tried some different things and didn't hate them...I figured I would never order something like that and waste the money so I better try it while I had the chance. Aunt Deb...not quite so daring...she had some crackers the oranges that were used for garnish! HA! These were just the apptetizers...then the main meal was chicken, potatoes, veggies, fresh fruit etc...yummo!
Kelly giving her 3rd or 4th or 5th maid of honor speech of the night for Katie.
Mr. and Mrs. (with Katie's bouquet)
What a wonderful time...I wish I could go detail by detail of it...will have to do more of that when I scrapbook it...but it was a time that I will never forget. Thanks Phil for keeping the kids so that Mom and I could go down for this. You have no idea how much it meant to me to be there. Congrats Katie and Joel!
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures! You can really feel the love, ah being newlyweds. haha! Sounds like you have a great trip! Congrats to your Cousin and her new Hubby!
You are an amazing writer and story teller let alone photographer to go along with it! Thank you so much for putting together such an amazing storyline of the whole wedding. You are amazing and I'll so glad you were able to be there with us on our special day. I love you!
Post a Comment