With this second surgery, he has had a significantly higher pressure in his eye than he had with the first surgery. The pressure is high enough that the doctor has him on meds (diomax) to keep the pressure from raising anymore. These meds are making him nauseous and just feeling rotten all over. Plus, the high pressure in his eye is causing it to feel very pressurized and more painful this go around. In fact, his entire face is tender from this pressure. After being in this face down position for over 6 weeks now, Phil's body is revolting a bit. His shoulders, back and head are in a lot of pain and he can't find a position that is comfortable to sleep in and let his body relax. Today he was at migraine level pain and feeling just awful. It is hard not being able to do much for him. I rubbed his shoulders, neck and head for him tonight which he said felt great...but I wish there was more for me to do for him. Even his forehead is extremely tender as it has been the point that is supporting his head when he is face down.
This week is the boys football banquet (Brock's last one) and Thanksgiving and Phil will miss both of those events. Brock and Grant also went hunting for the first time this weekend and that was hard for Phil to miss. It's been a tough couple of months. I am tired. I push and push and push until I fall into a chair or the bed at night during the week. It is concert season for me, which is a higher stress level anyway, so I'm feeling the tension and the stress. But I always have 'just enough' to get through the day. Thanks be to God. And I have found that it's okay to go to bed and take care of myself instead of worrying about my to-do lists.
Prayer requests:
1. Release from the pain and pressure in Phil's head. Comfort for his body so that he can rest.
2. Good news at the doctor Friday to be upright.
3. Patience in the waiting.
4. Comfort for Phil in missing out on things...and my ability to keep it all together.
5. Rest for us. One more day of school and then 5 whole days off. Pray that it would be a sweet time with our family.
We are blessed by so many of you...checking on us, praying for us, providing meals, loving us, texting and calling. We see the love of Christ in each of you. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment