1 year ago
Friday, January 4, 2013
A day all alone
So, I was "kid-less" today for most of the day. As soon as they left, I had an agenda. I was doing laundry already, but I sat down and paid the bills, drank my coffee, picked up the house and was off to run errands ALONE! I can't believe how much faster going to the bank, post office, library, drop off a bill, quick stop at the thrift store and shoe store went without loading and unloading any kids. But I have to tell you that after that first hour and a half, I began to miss them. I know. I am not normal. Most moms dream of a day alone, but I love having my kids around, especially during breaks. I cherish those times since I am a working mom...I even drove by where they "might" eat lunch to see if I could stop and eat with them. I came home and found myself not really knowing exactly what to do. This surprised me...and as I began dusting, sweeping, finishing all of the laundry and doing some organizing I found myself singing and being quiet alternately. Part of me scolded myself..."just curl up with a book or movie and relax" it said. But what I realized is that I actually enjoyed cleaning without distraction of the kids...I could clean without feeling like I should be doing something with them. I could organize without being interrupted to break up fights and/or a 4 year old RE-organizing things for me. AND, my house stayed clean because no one was here to mess it up again. I know it won't last, but it sure is nice while it does last. So, yeah, I cleaned most of the day that I was alone, but it was really nice. I also feel energized too...when they come home I am ready to love on them and have some fun instead of worrying about what needs done. Thanks to my wonderful mom for hanging out with the grandkids today and blessing me even when I didn't feel like being blessed to start with!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment