Another year has passed already???? I simply can't believe it. They say that as you grow older, time moves faster and it is flying by it seems. How am I old enough to have a 12 year old???? But I do! His birthday was on a Sunday...so we celebrated 2 days! Saturday we went out to eat and had cake and ice cream as a family. Then on Sunday after church we had a nice lunch and then finally let him open presents in the afternoon! He had his church youth group in the evening, which is why we ate out a day early! Here he is with his cake...Ummmm....when did I get old enough that my "child" lights his own candles?
This picture blows my mind! Seriously...He is 12???? Where did my little boy go?
As he opened the presents from Grandma and Paw-Paw, he unwrapped this box...he was so exited to be getting a crock pot! HA! Luckily when he opened it up, he was more excited about the "real" present!
He has wanted this for a couple of years and Grandma and Paw-Paw came through for him! A New Holland square baler. He couldn't wait to get outside with his tractors and play with it.
Turning 12 means that he is allowed to take his Hunter's Education Course and get his hunting license. He started the course ON his birthday! He is excited. Grandma and Grandpa have him ready to go with camo coat, pants and gloves!
A bow and arrow from Dad and Mom was the last part of his gifts! He was very excited with everything he got...He couldn't quit smiling!
Kiara had to get in on the action...Don't worry. She won't go hunting. She can't sit still or be quiet for more than a few seconds at a time!
So, another year has flown by and now we have a 12 year old. Brock, we are incredibly proud of you. You are a great kid with sooooo much energy, passion for life and are so hard-working at all you do. I love how you play with your brother and sister (most of the time) and are growing into quite the young man. Although you will always be my "sweet little boy"...you are growing up and I am proud of you. Love you kiddo!







No comments:
Post a Comment