Monday, April 4, 2011

Annoyed, Frustrated and...Blessed

I've had a variety of emotions today.  I had a good morning.  My pain was below average for me, Kiara went on the potty, we giggled and played...got to drink my coffee while getting the kids ready for school...cleaned my room, including dusting (which is a huge deal if you know me well)...ate healthy while being at home...and then WHAM, BAM, SMACK me in the face...the pain slammed me this afternoon and has continued into this evening.  It honks me off...why can't I just have one full good day?  I was angry, annoyed, frustrated and just sick of it all.  Then, I looked at my sweet "baby" girl sleeping during her nap and realized...I am blessed.  Wish I could say that I got all warm and fuzzy after that and the pain drifted away. Not so.  I've still been annoyed and frustrated the rest of the afternoon/night but I've been able to see the blessings as well.  Last week in the midst of my emotional roller coaster with the surgeon telling me that he couldn't "see" anything wrong with me, my pastor suggested that I keep a journal of blessings.  I had been trying to look for blessings in my day anyway, but his suggestion to write one thing down daily for 30 days and then I can physically look back at this list/journal and see the many things I have to be thankful for.  I started it the evening he suggested it.  Some of the things I have been thankful for:  a wonderful husband who is willing to do more than his fair share with the kids and house in order to keep us fuctioning (I love him so much)...my kids who are so understanding and loving with an unconditional love that even when i simply can't do what they want...they accept me as I am...the gift of my eyesight that I have been able to behold gorgeous sunrises on my drive to work last week that have reminded me also of the complete awesomeness of God...the ability to push through the pain in order to exercise so that my hard work in losing weight is not put right back on...friends who love me and truly want to know how I am doing, even if it isn't all warm and fuzzy...a church family who prays for each other and worships God with gusto on Sunday mornings...This is all just a start to my many blessings...I am blessed abundantly.  Even in the midst of my pain, my annoyance and frustrations...He is good and I CHOOSE to say Blessed Be Your Name.

No comments: