Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Blessings

My day started out with me whining a bit...
*My kids had a delay and I didn't.
*A reminder that I don't work in the town I live in.
*A reminder that I am a working mom.
*A reminder that I miss out on a lot with the kiddos
*And the list goes spiraling on...
So, as I began praying on the drive I decided to think about how I am blessed and thanking/praising  God for it.  I have so much to be grateful for, yet this struggle of the things mentioned above haunts me regularly.  Here is where the list started...and then it went on, and on and on.  I am truly blessed.
*I have a husband who loves me and I love him.
*I have three beautiful children that I love so much.
*I have a job to go to (with so many unemployed).
*I have a reliable vehicle to get me to my out of town work.
*I don't have to panic about practicing for my concert cause there was no delay.
*I am blessed to have my mom watch my kids and be with them on this delay.
*My kids had joy in their delay and were safer for it.
*We have a home to live in and food to eat (in abundance).
*God provided a beautiful snow-covered landscape for me to see.
*I have teacher-friends that I would never have had if working elsewhere
And yes, the list goes on and on...So, even though I still wish I had a delay today and that I was either at home or working in the same system as my kids...I am blessed.  Too blessed to whine about it.  God is so good to me and mine.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey I was right there with you (on the whining part! :)) But even in the midst of disappoint, God has given us so many blessings. What a great reminder!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is such a blessing! So freshing to see that you are human.... and that God moves you to see the blessings of life over and beyond the challenges and frustrations!!