Emotions have been high the last few days for me, so I have been purposefully looking for Jesus and joy in my days. I was planning to wait until the weekend to show the list, but there are so many after just 3 days, that I decided to post now and I can always add. I need the reminder today.
Here are the things I have seen Jesus and joy in so far...
* A female cardinal perching on the door handle and peeking in the window at me.
* The female cardinal flying off to join her male counterpart in the tree.
* Golden Girls Sophia socks
* Bosses who listen
* An administrator that asks questions to learn more
* A student asking how MY day was going.
* A note from K (my daughter) saying she is praying for me.
* Writing
* Podcast shared by a friend who thought of me
* My friends loving on K, so well
* Tik-toks that hit just right and make me laugh and share
* Wedding plans for my oldest and texts from my future daughter-in-law
* Birthday celebrations!!! (Katie Day! in this case)
* Watching students grow and achieve goals
* A chatty teenager (K again)
* Watching a smile come to the face of an overwhelmed student
* Teenagers being their real selves wtih me
* Visits from K at lunch time
* Silly sayings and inside jokes
* Imaginary podcasts ("Sometimes it be like that...") IYKYK
* Singing down the hallway with co-workers
* Proud "mama" moments with students
* Talking in British accents
* Going to the gym with K
* A fresh haircut in my fav stylist's chair
* Jamming to music with K
* Starbucks for no special reason
* Texts that make me giggle
* Sunshine on the deck relaxing
* Cute, comfy dress pants
* Fresh brewed coffee that I made but didn't have a chance to even drink (sigh)
* Open windows with a breeze coming through
* Birds singing
* Sheep "snuggles"
* Crops popping up in the fields
* Turkeys...and my luck in not hitting them this week. (and the screams and laughter it brought)
* Chats with my mama (love her)
* Memes...today was deemed meme day and I used them A LOT!!!
* Co-workers spreading their "sunshine" today to help with a tough day
* Eyerolls that speak paragraphs
* Last tutoring session of the school year
* Practicing hair-do's on K
* Driving with the windows down
Over the years God has shown me that when I look for him, for things to be thankful for, and for joy...I will find it. Every. Single. Time. And not only will I find it, but I will find it in abundance. There are so many more that wouldn't make sense in a short little phrase to anyone but me. But to say that God showed up so far this week would be an understatement. Where did you find Jesus and joy this week?
No comments:
Post a Comment