Sunday, April 9, 2023

Thankful for a break

My Spring Break started a day early to attend the ACA conference in Toronto...multiple other blog posts yet to be written...and then we returned Sunday night, so I was able to be at home with Kiara for most of the week and just go with the flow. 

Highlights and gratitudes for the week are on tap for this week's blog...

* Toronto--amazing conference sessions, so much laughter, so much packed into 3 1/2 days

* Road tripping with Chris...and the theme was FUN!  Fun, silly, random pictures and moments

* Safe travels 

* Sleeping in several days, along with a couple of naps

* Reading--both professional and personal

* Meeting a professor from my online Master's program in person!

* Going to the gym to work out with my girl

* Time to dust and clean

*Shopping and Chick-fil-a with my mom and my girl

* TV time with Kiara

* Singing and acting out songs

* Rest--time to just rest

* Daily coffee and hot tea

* Sunshine and warmth

* Campfires and time on my deck

* Picking up sticks...so many sticks in the yard

* Time with our babies (lambs) and watching Kiara

* Crumbl cookies--oh my goodness!!!!

* Haircuts and highlights

* Checking email daily, but letting it just "sit" and wait

* Easter service and dinner

It has been an eventful (at the start) and uneventful week and I am so thankful that God blessed me for both parts of it. As I head into the last stretch of school before summer break, I feel renewed, refreshed, and excited to use things I learned at the conference. I have truly enjoyed the rest and slow pace of break, but have missed my co-workers and my students too.  The next six weeks are going to fly by. Thankful for rest and a break...but also thankful that I love my job so much that I'm excited to go back and dig in again.  

No comments: