Part #2 is not nearly as "fun" to report for me. After the news of the previous week of weaning off of the day appliance and how improved things were for me structurally...I was off to Dr. C, "the shot doc". We have such a love/hate relationship...I love his care for me as a patient...I hate his actual treatments :) So, after a delay because of strep throat, I headed off to Dr. C. This time I had my mom and Kiara take me there, as it was pretty rough the last time. I knew I was getting shots in my foot, per Dr. K, but I wasn't sure about the shots for my back/butt area. After evaluating/talking to me, he started in with the shots on my foot. He felt that this relapse injury wasn't a big deal and probably had more to do with me standing and teaching versus being on summer break. He said one round of shots should take care of it. He then moved on to test my lower back/butt area. Unfortunately it was still very flared up and he decided to be extremely aggressive (his words) in attacking these spots. For those who don't remember...these shots are called "prolotherapy" and the simplest explanation is that it shoots inflammation into specific areas, with the idea that the white blood cells will attack and heal in those areas. So, basically I am purposely inflaming already injured areas. Now, I've gotten quite a few shots from this doctor in a variety of places on my body (foot, neck, upper back, head and now lower back and butt). I've cringed, held my breath, and gripped the arm rests before, but this was a new experience. I did all of those things, along with a slight wimper, spasms and actual tears. He talked to me the whole time and kept asking if I was doing okay and if he needed to stop. I was slightly embarrassed that I actually cried during this until he told me that he was extremely aggressive and he knew that I was probably going to do that. He was VERY glad that I had my mom drive me and it only took about 10 minutes after leaving the office before I was BEYOND glad that she had driven me. By the time we got home, I couldn't stand up straight and it hurt to move my body at all. I was in tears and a mess emotionally. I grabbed a bite to eat and went to prop myself up in bed to do my Bible study homework and devotions. To put it mildly I was a mess. I was in tears and honestly couldn't pray. I just said, "Jesus, Help".
As I opened my Bible Study, I found that we were discussing suffering in our lives being used for good and the scripture jumped off the page at me, as tears rolled down my face. I still was crying out, "Jesus, HELP"! I had to answer the question of how God worked in the life of Joseph in the midst of his suffering. I was FORCED to look and acknowledge what was good in Joseph's (and obviously mine) in the midst of his suffering and enslavement of his life (the story of Joseph's life is in Genesis). I half-smiled through the tears and pain and whispered, "Thank you for the reminder, Lord". As I was reading, a friend text me to tell me she was praying for me, as she knew that I had shots and she was standing in the gap for me..."Thank you Lord". As I picked up my devotional to dive into that, my phone went off indicating I had a new message on Facebook. As I clicked on it to read it, my mouth dropped open, a sob escaped and again, "Thank you Jesus!". A brother in Christ from church, sent a message asking if everything was okay because he had a strong urge all day to lift me in prayer. He had NO idea that I was getting shots. As I wrote him back I told him that God was simply amazing and explained it all. Funny thing is that I felt a peace wash over me...I still felt awful physically...the level of pain was extremely intense and I didn't know how I was going to sleep, shower, go to school, etc...but I KNEW without a doubt that my God was present and cared... and he was telling me JUST that. Then, as if I needed further confirmation...I opened up my devotional for the day and again, tears poured down my face. A small excerpt taken from Jesus Calling (Sarah Young) devotional, " Be willing to follow wherever I lead...Though you don't know what lies ahead, I know; and that is enough!...Some of My richest blessings are just around the bend...you must walk by faith--not by sight...Let my light continue to shine within you as you walk among people again."
THANK YOU JESUS! Wow! I was in awe of His greatness, His mercy, His love for me, and the knowledge that He wasn't leaving me, even when all I could do was cry His name. What a powerful time it was that night. I was able to sleep through the night very soundly and although very stiff and sore the next day, was able to go to school and teach (with a no-hug-Mrs-Witmer-day).
God is good...All the time. And when I felt like the world was shaking...you guessed it...He held me still. Thank you Jesus!
P.S. I have since been back to the main doc, Dr. K...so I have a new post needing to be written...back to the shot doc this week too...prayers appreciated!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment