Sunday, August 26, 2012

1st Haircut Ever

Sweet, ornery Kiara is 4 and had NEVER had her hair cut.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Finally in late July, I realized it just looked bad and really needed a good TRIMMING to fix it up.  Kiara goes with Grandma often to get her haircut and has come with me before too...She was over the moon excited about this hair cut and have Herminia cut HER hair instead of one of ours. Here she is before the cut...yes I know it looks bad. Sorry!
Normally, Kiara talks non-stop.  I think she was so excited she couldn't even talk.  She was so quiet and smiled the whole time.  Here she is getting it combed out and then wet down for the cut!
She had to keep her chin down so the back could be cut and that was a challenge for her...the little girl that NEVER sits still.  Herminia tried to get her to hold a comb under her chin, but she's a smart cookie and just kept reaching up and holding it with her hand so she could look up in the mirror!
Her favorite position...towards the mirror!
Hold still Kiara!
We ended up taking off two (2...yes 2) inches of her hair.  I didn't even cry.  She was so excited and I was busy watching her and forgot to be sad about it! Herminia was very proud of me! Doesn't it look so nice now that it is even across the back instead of ratty and frayed?
Then, just like Grandma and Mommy, Kiara had her hair "done" at the end.  Somehow the braids that I put in her hair so often don't hold a candle to the braids that Herminia put in.  I heard for days in the morning to put her hair like Herminia does it!  Goodness!
She always gets a sucker when we go for the boys haircuts and she waits patiently...so of course she ASKED for candy...after scrambling, she found some for her. Whew!
My little girl is growing up.  I will blink and she will be going on her own to get it cut and highlighted and brows done...she is growing up too fast!  But, she is still my little girl!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

She is so adorable! Love the braids and the happy smile on her face!!