Monday, July 23, 2012

How I spend my summer...

Way behind on blogging...I may never catch up!  I thought I would start by giving a glimpse of what our summer has looked like so far. Just a quick re-cap in pictures for you...We have spent A LOT of time at my parents house, referred to always as "The Farm".  Every morning we got up and headed out to walk sheep.  We walked 12 sheep every day.
We got a little hay-baling in as well, which over-joyed the boys.  They LOVE to work and especially with baling hay.  I'm thinking that could change in a few years, but for now, they are so excited to do it!  Brock threw the bales on the wagon and Grant stacked them up.  When Phil got off work, he helped the boys and Grandpa get it up and stacked in the mow.
Kiara isn't one to be left out, so she got a tractor ride around the field before putting it away.
Did I mention we walked sheep every day????  We were usually at the farm until lunch time at least every day work with the sheep, walk them, and care for them.  Kiara loved giving the lambs hugs...

We also had to wash and shear the lambs to begin the process of getting them "fair-ready".
We also have spent some time at the baseball field this summer.  Brock and Grant are on the same team and I will blog about that later, but wanted to give a glimpse of what we have seen from the sidelines!
Here's Grant on deck to bat!
Brock hit a single and then was ready to run from 1st base!
Life is full. Life is busy. Thankful I have summers off! 
More to come in future posts...

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Looks like your family had a busy summer! Enjoy the last few weeks, before we go back!