If you don't know, we are Penn State fans in our household! Since Phil is from Pennsylvania and his brother went to Penn State, we are dedicated to cheering them on. And if you know anything about Penn State, you know who Joe Pa is...Joe Paterno...loooooonnnngggg-time coach of their football team. We decided on our trip home at Christmas that we would go a different way, up through the mountains for the kids to see, which took us nearby the campus of Penn State. Even though Phil REALLY doesn't like to stop on our trips and is focused on getting home as quickly as possible, he detoured off the path to stop by Penn State. Here is our view as we are turning onto the campus to see the stadium. AWESOME!
JOE PA!!!!! There is a whole area in front of the stadium that was pretty amazing to see, so we definitely had to stop and get some pictures of it.
And with it...probably as close as we'll ever get to meeting the legend...
It was so cold and we were trying to get pictures and get back in the truck as quickly as possible!
Below is a Joe Paterno quote that I really liked...a bit hard to read though on here, it says: "They ask me what I'd like written about me whn I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach."
Yep...at Christmas we went to visit Joe Paterno...well, sort of! HA! We hope to go back for a game...maybe as soon as this fall. There's nothing like "Happy Valley" during football season we hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment