I went to the circus....I was PAID to do it! If you re-read it...yep, it's true. Our 3rd grade at my school goes to the circus every year (paid for by the Shriner's and area business sponsors for transportation). I was not lined up to go, but when an adult that was going got sick, my principal invited me to go along and chaperone a group of 8 girls. What fun this was...for the kids, but also for me!
I have to tell the story of getting there. My family was in disbelief over this and until I saw it with my own eyes, didn't really get it either. We were escorted by police from my school to Ft. Wayne to the circus (with lights and even sirens at times). PLUS, they had cops to stop crossing traffic for us the entire way...we had no stops the entire way and everyone waited for us...We felt like celebrities and the students thought it was THE coolest thing ever! I took my old camera as I didn't know what to expect and was worried about taking my good camera, so these pictures are horrible. Didn't realize how spoiled I was with my newer camera. This is the tigers jumping through hoops of fire...lots of oohs and ahhs over this!
A group on tall unicylces doing a variety of tricks...some of my girls were AMAZED!
This one was my favorite...there was a guy in the "wheel" doing tricks, juggling, flipping as the entire things went in circles. I haven't been to a circus since I was little, so I felt like one of the kids watching!
Really can't see this, but these were the trapeeze performers at the start of the circus. Made my stomach lurch!
My group of girls was a great group. Very well behaved and dying to spend their money on any "junk" they were selling there. Other than a little snow-cone spilled down my leg and multiple trips to the bathroom...they did awesome! I have pictures of them too but legally shouldn't put them up here, so trust me that they were an adorable group and their eyes lit up at the fun!
On the way back, the police only escorted us out of Ft. Wayne and then we were on our own...but what an exciting adventure....and again...I got paid to do it! HA!
1 comment:
I love it! :) I'm glad you had a good time, even though you had to fill in at the last minute. It's been awhile since I've been to a circus!
Post a Comment