Phil was able to shear a lamb for the first time. Up until this point just the boys and I had sheared them and he was very hesitant to try it, but he caught on and did quite well...for those who know the story...the pictures of the lamb that he did completley by himself will remain hidden...let's just say he learned from the experience! :)
Getting the lambs ready to go in the show arena...it was a hot day that's for sure. Brock was very excited to show. We didn't have any champions this year, like we did last year, but it was okay. He did pretty well with the sheep and the one class placed right behind the two lambs that won the entire thing, so we were pleased.
Kiara was really good considering she is 2!!! She just ran around and acted like she was one of the big kids...here she is taking a break from running and making herself comfy to eat her sucker.
Brock and Mommy...still smiling with half of the show over! :)
As I mentioned earlier, the day really went smoothly and I was so proud of the boys. Our day did not end as well as it began. One of the lambs gave Brock a hard time in the ring...this was upsetting for him and began the start of a bad headache. By the end of the show, he had a migraine and I had to pull him out of showmanship and take him home. This was definitely the hard part of the day...for Brock and for us as parents as well. By the time we got him home, he got sick and then fell to sleep rather quickly. He was fine the next day, but the day took it's toll on him. Sorry to those we ignored as we rushed to get him home, we just needed to do what we needed to do.
Below is a picture of Grant with one of the famous Dairy Barn milkshakes...mmmmmm...I miss them already! We ate our fair share of them that week and they were oh sooooooo good. I look forward to the fair every year, just so that I can eat their milkshakes!
Most days we were there in the morning, came home for Kiara to take a nap, and then went back in the afternoon and evening. On this particular day she fell asleep in the stroller so we stayed all day long. We tipped the stroller back and propped it up so that she was laying down...how she slept with all the baa's in the barn, I will never know! :)
Overall, it was a great week...very tiring and extremely hot...but we had a great time as a family and created many many memories together. I do have to say that it is nice to not smell like sheep every day now though. Ha! Oh, by the way the boys both did great with their projects...blue ribbons all around! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment