Sunday, May 2, 2010

My song...

My theme song for the last few months has been a song by JJ Heller entitled "Your Hands"...it is song 4 on my playlist to the right...if you click on it you can hear it.  I've blogged about this song before.  The first time I heard it my mouth dropped open and I cried and cried out to Jesus that this song was for me.   It felt like it was literally written for me for this time in my life.  In fact, crazily enough when I call it my song, it seems I am almost saying that it is for me and I don't think of it being for anyone else...Fast forward a bit. I won tickets two weeks ago to go to a JJ Heller concert.  I felt this again was such a God thing so that I could go hear "my song"...So, I invited some friends to go with me and we went.  When we got to that song in the concert, she shared why she wrote it (for herself) and talked about how it had affected others and the dj even talked about how many of us could remember where we were the first time we heard it and ours mouths dropping open at how applicable it was for each of us...Wait, what? You mean others think it is "their song"????  HA!  It hit me that yes, it is still MY song and I do believe that God inspired her to write it and I believe He inspired me to hear it when He did at the exact perfect moment in time that I needed it, but now I realize...it's not about ME...it's about HIM. Duh.  I realize that seems very obvious but it's like I needed the concert and seeing her live to get that we are all affected with our own "issues" and we all need to rest in HIS hands in order to have peace in it.  I'm so grateful to her and her music...if you listen to more of her stuff...she is so powerful in her lyrics..the music seems so simplistic, yet it stuns you with the profoundness found in that simplicity.  She is my new favorite artist right now.  Here are some pictures of her and her husband Dave performing the show and one of us girls who enjoyed some time together.
I had to put the one of her singing "Back Home" in it...I can't listen to the song without seeing us all doing the silly movements with it.  The girls know what I'm talking about! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awwww....good picture, great friends, great concert! :)

Jessica said...

your post inspired me to blog about the song as well! i wanted to share it with anyone who has never heard it to give them the comfort and hope it has given so many others! john bought me the CD so i listen to it daily. :) thanks for your support over the last few weeks. it has been very comforting knowing that there were people praying for me!