Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day and more...

Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am? If not, well I should have. God has blessed me truly beyond measure with my kids...if you know me well enough you know that each child challenges me in a different way and there are always times a mom needs an escape...but I wouldn't trade any of these moments with my three kiddos. They are all three soooo unique and have their own personalities and things that make them special. Brock is my outgoing, outspoken, hard-working and energetic one...Grant is my shy, cuddly, go with the flow (and also hard-working) one...and Kiara, well, she is my stinker, friendly, entertaining one. There really is never a dull moment in our house and I love it. I really do. Even when I just want to escape for 5 minutes for a little quiet...I still love it. For Mother's Day, they told me we could do whatever I wanted...hmmmm...we went out for fast food because I didn't want to wait at a nicer place and then I took a nap. Ahhhh...naps are bliss aren't they? :) When we got home from church the kids gave me some big candy bars and the most adorable frame. I would carry this frame around with me at all times if that was feasible, because I LOVE looking at these three sweet faces. I took a picture...trust me that the "live" version is much better.


Below is a puzzle that Grant colored for me and gave to me.  He was so proud of it and so sweet to give it to me.
Later in the day, after both of our naps (hence the hair-do) Kiara found my chocolate/caramel bar in my room.  She unwrapped it as she walked down the hall and came into the room with Phil and I looking VERY proud of herself for getting her "choc-a"...she is her mommy's girl!

Oh, how I love my kids...and that husband of mine????  Well, I love him to pieces too...he just doesn't like his picture taken! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This blog brought tears to my eyes. How special it is! You are blessed. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the framed picture of your kids holding the mom letters. How precious. Grant's picture is great too! :)

Kevin Flick said...

that is such a great picture idea! so neat. motherhood is an amazing thing! you are an amazing woman. thanks for all of your encouragement!