Friday, July 28, 2023

Won't HE Do It?

I have worked more this summer than usual due to some circumstances with students as well as a new Counselor Connect that I started this summer, where I hold open office hours once every two weeks to allow any student to come in and chat, catch up, or seek counsel.  The beyond cool thing is that I have seen God move in mighty ways and it has brought me closer to Him and found me in complete AWE of the way that He works. Obviously because of confidentiality, I cannot disclose the specifics of how God moved...but man, if I could...you would simple be amazed. I have no doubt!!!

In one situation, it was very much an up and down (daily) situation that had me with sleepless nights, prayer-FILLED days, on my knees or walking miles in prayer.  I had NO control whatsoever which made me fully rely on my faith that God has ultimate control. Not going to lie that there were many days that I had to grit my teeth and pray to God: "I know you have a plan and You work all things for good, but right now, I don't get what you are doing. I don't think you are getting it right. Why would you allow these things?" And don't you know, that EVERY SINGLE TIME God answered and showed that He was good???  Not necessarily immediately...those were the sleepless nights, but without fail, and honestly in ways that had me scratching or shaking my head and saying "Well, won't He just do it?" There were times where I was sitting with hands covering my face crying out to God in anguish...and then times in the same position crying and saying "Thank you Jesus. You are amazing and so so good".  

We all have times that we doubt God's plan...at least if we are honest, right?  But this summer God showed me over and over and over that I could be honest about that doubt...I could come before him speechless, simply crying out "Jesus help" and He would show up over and over.  I had one day where I literally had no words and I was scared, frustrated, and honestly wanted to shake my fist at God over the unfairness. I literally had no words when I tried to pray...I just sat there.  But I KNEW that prayer was needed...so I hopped on my podcasts app and found a podcast that had prayers on different topics when you weren't sure how to pray.  So I laid on my bathroom floor and said..."I don't know what to say Lord, so let THIS be my prayer" and I played it. I ended up playing that prayer multiple times throughout that day and though the words weren't coming from my mouth...I know that God heard every single word as if it was and he showed up that day too. Over and over He showed up and showed Himself to be good and that he works in very mysterious ways...in HIS ways, not ours and definitely not how we think He will.  And when I say He showed up...man I wish I could share the details...only because sometimes it made me laugh out loud, cry out "Hallelujah" in the middle of wherever I was, and sometimes dropped me to my knees in awe.

Sometimes the confidentiality thing is TOUGH.  Because I need to process too.  I need wisdom and someone to tell me that I'm handling things "correctly"...God became that in a big way and He showed me a group of friends that I could text: "PRAY...just pray for _____________________ (protection, strength, wisdom, God's intervention)" and they would drop what they were doing, knowing no details at all...not knowing who was involved, what the situation was, if I was okay...and they would pray. And then they would follow up to see if there was resolution...if the need changed, how they could pray for me in the midst of it. (I have amazing friends by the way...I have a small crew, but they are mighty!!!) There is power in prayer you guys.  I have known that for years but this summer God showed me in mighty ways. You see, He showed me that when we don't understand the plan, that doesn't mean He doesn't have a plan. And sometimes it is WILD ya'll.  

So my take away from some of these situations this summer and some of my own personal struggles?  Just pray...when there are no words...He can still hear our groanings and the Holy Spirit intervenes. (Romans 8:26) He is working. His plan is perfect (even if it looks crazy to us). He works in bizarre ways that we can't predict...because when we seek His counsel and intervention....I have learned that I always can look back at the end and say...

"Won't He do it?"  Without a doubt.  He will. 

No comments: