I have been positive all week and mostly last week as well. Optimistic. Energized. Made myself get in a routine and get things done each day, while still resting. (It is still my spring break ya'll...don't judge) And then came today...I don't know what is different. The sun is shining. It is warm-ish outside. But as my alarm went off and I hit snooze, I just felt BLAH. I didn't want to get up. I certainly didn't want to work out. I dragged myself out of bed. I did a workout that is typically one of my favorites and it was hard and discouraging. I sat down to watch a video devotional and the internet is being wonky and it won't play. I have zero motivation to do anything and want to curl back up and sleep. (Sleeping and food are my comforts and I'm trying not to gain a zillion pounds during this crazy time) There is no specific reason for my BLAH. Nothing happened or went wrong. But I'm still BLAH. But as I sat here sipping my coffee and trying to pray and thank God for my blessings, I realized something. It is OKAY to have a BLAH day. We are going through a crazy time in society right now. Corona Virus (CO-VID 19) has taken over our country right now. It is what we see on tv, hear on the radio, see on Facebook, instagram and twitter. There are people out of work. People who are at work but putting themselves at risk to be there. We are stuck at home for who knows how long. This is our life right now and it is discouraging and scary at times. It is new territory for us. It is a new normal for who knows how long. The world is BLAH right now, so goodness sakes it is okay to be BLAH. We wouldn't be human if we didn't have moments of blah on a regular basis, let alone in a time such as this.
BUT...for me the key is to not stay in the BLAH. To keep moving forward. To keep trusting that God has control right now. This is not surprising to Him. This is not out of His control. (Can I get an Amen, ya'll?) A friend posted this morning words from Jeremiah 29:11-13 (this is the Message version) 11 I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. 12 "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13 "When you come looking for me, you'll find me."
I read those words and was reminded HE IS IN CONTROL. I don't know why I'm in the funk that I am in today...nothing different happened from yesterday, but right now I'm CHOOSING joy and trust in the midst of my BLAH. When I am finished here, I am going to get up, start laundry, take a shower, start my to do list for the day, listen to worship music (and sing cause you know I can't just listen), and trust that He is in control of this and knows what will happen today, tomorrow and beyond. I'm going to pull on my big girl pants, suck it up, and make today a great day. I can't change the BLAH of how I feel just by wishing it away...but I can choose to put one foot in front of the other and praise Jesus anyway. (Side note--I'm talking about BLAH days...not about true depression and strife...I don't want you to think I'm minimizing and telling you just to suck it up if that is your situation...I am not.)
So...here I go...ready to praise Jesus in the BLAH because HE is never BLAH!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment