2 1/2 months since I posted. So much time has passed that I don't really quite know where to start...
How about an excerpt from my last post:
"They are sending me to Chicago to meet with a specialist in osteopathic and acupuncture medicine (along with a few other things too). I have done the osteopathic adjustments and acupuncture before with no relief, but I trust this team of doctors and if they want me to do it, I will."
I have now been to that doctor 4 times without relief. I'm going to pull some snippets of emails that I have written about this process to help me better remember what happened....After the first appointment:
"He believes this is a muscular and ligament issue (which was one of the original diagnoses). He then proceeded (after full body manipulation) to do Japanese scalp acupuncture, which is not a kind of acupuncture that I have had before. It is all done on the scalp area and the went from the top of my forehead--back even with the top of my ear and down to the ear and back to my face ( a big square). This acupuncture was very different and was quite uncomfortable for me. That whole area of my head is very sore and sensitive tonight. He thinks that he can make significant change in my pain in 4 visits. I feel pretty rough tonight. The drive went well and I felt decent for most of the way home. By the time I got home, I was ready to rest for awhile and I haven't moved much since then. Just really sore, sensitive and exhausted."
The second visit was in downtown Chicago and Phil was able to take me. They "forgot" my records at their other office and the whole visit did not go well, including the doctor "cracking" my neck, which I am absolutely against, as it has ALWAYS had adverse affects. My email that day:
" It was an interesting appointment and I'm not feeling great about this step, but we shall see."
I felt significantly worse after this appointment and feel it was due to the cracking. There was acupuncture, but not in the scalp...this time around the neck area in question.
The 3rd visit...I began by telling his nurse and him that I would NOT be cracked again and my reasons behind it. He was not on board with this and made it known that he could be doing so much more for me if I allowed it. I held firm. It is my body and my journey...I know after nearly 12 years what makes it worse and I'm not going to choose that for myself. I went home feeling very frustrated.
The 4th visit was just two weeks ago now. Remember he told me there should be significant improvement after four sessions? I talked to my other docs as I really wanted to cancel this appointment. They were okay with me cancelling, but Phil and I decided to give it one last chance. I feel like maybe my doctors had let him know where I was at in the process, because he spent more time with me and tried to explain more of the why's of the process than he did in any other appointment. He did the Japanese scalp acupuncture again and it really hurt but was not sore after.
All that to say...I have not improved. This step has come to an end. I have an appointment scheduled next week with this guy, but will cancel it as I don't see the point of continuing to go and pay for care that is not helping me.
This Thursday, I head back to Dr. K, my main doc...we'll see what he has to say. I'm tired and weary, but God has shown himself to me...he is leading me in a few things that are whole separate blog posts but He is faithful. He really is. So, I wait on Him and His timing and know that in the process, my story is being written and waiting to be told.
As I skim through this I see that it was a pretty blah, tell-the-facts kind of post. Sorry for that. I'm in a bit of a low point and overly tired from starting back to school...But knew I couldn't put it off any longer. If you want to pray...just pray for endurance and Christ's peace to pour over me and that I can be a blessing to others in the midst of my yuckiness. Thanks for reading...
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment