- the pain hit some levels it has not seen in awhile, even causing me to not be able to sleep which has been exhausting.
- Phil, Grant and Kiara were sick this week (along with my mom too), and with Phil out of commission...boy, did I realize how much he does for us! I married a wonderful man and I am beyond blessed by him.
- My "new to me" treatments that I have been undergoing since the beginning of January were ruled ineffective for me on Tuesday.
- I underwent acupuncture on Tuesday and seriously felt like a voo-doo doll...not at all a fun experience for me. It wasn't horrible...just the idea of it is a bit much for me. Trying to decide if/when to do more of that.
- Pain increased after the voo-doo treatments (smiles...that is my sweet nickname for them).
- I had to be observed this week by my principal, which normally doesn't bother me because I teach the way I teach whether he is there or not...but I was overly concerned with my pain levels and how that would affect me.
- God taught me about forgiveness and mercy when I lost it with my kids and had to seek forgiveness from them.
- A sweet friend prayed specifically for me and although it didn't turn out like she thought it would...God definitely showed up in my day and made me feel His presence, which was really the point of the prayer anyway.
- My students make me laugh and smile when I feel like I could cry.
- I had text messages from two of my bestest buds to check on me and lift me up so often during the week.
- My devotions have been "just for me" this week and have met me right where I am at in my journey.
- Some of "my" students who are now juniors, took the time to seek me out and get a picture with me and share some "old" memories with me.
- Coffee and Diet coke are really my friends...just ask my students...they know when I've had them!
- Kiara tries my every last nerve, but is so stinking cute and loving that it cancels it out!
- Several songs have come on the radio just when I needed to hear them and great times of worship and prayer have happened as a result.
- After 9 years of pain, I have perfected teaching square dancing to 4th graders with very little movement by me!
- I have family and friends that support me and lift me up when I am down, whether by words, or a smile, or a text, or a hug, or an email...God placed each of them strategically.
Inhale....exhale...inhale...exhale...etc...
No comments:
Post a Comment