Six weeks has gone by without a post from me...yikes. I have so much to catch up on, so I may not do it all justice. I thought I would have TONS of time to catch up while on Christmas break and that just hasn't happened! So...let's go alllllll the way back to Thanksgiving. This year, my school got the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off because of parent/teacher conferences on Monday and Tuesday evenings. So, we headed out Tuesday night and drove all night. It was a tiring trip with pouring rain for the majority of the way. We closely missed a leaking tar truck on the turnpike, as we were following the clean up trucks. Other vehicles had been literally stopped in their tracks with major damage to their vehicles. Someone in PA said we were lucky...Brock summed it up best when he said...it wasn't luck, it was God! So glad that we hadn't left an hour earlier. Our time there from Wednesday to Saturday was filled with lots of cousin/family time for us. Our nephew, Jackson is getting so big! I hadn't seen him since he was just 6 months, so at just under 18 months...he looked huge to me. He is adorable and would squeal and laugh whenever one of the cousins came into the room. Our kids had such fun with their cousins. Here is Jackson enjoying his meal! Bet you can't guess what we were having...
For some reason, Jackson would make this scowling face at Phil...it became a game with them and we loved to see his scowley face! Here Jackson and his daddy, Andy, are both scowling at us. I LOVE this picture!
Great Grandpa Overly with the grandkids in our part of the family.
Wherever Jackson was...Kiara was sure to be found within eyesight. For the most part, she was nice to him...not terribly rough! She enjoyed playing with him and chasing him around with her big brothers.
Grandma and Kiara relaxing on the porch swing waiting on a visitor to arrive! I thought it was such a sweet picture, especially since Kiara doesn't usually sit still for long!
Brock, Grant and Kiara hanging out with Jackson while Grandma babysat. He looks like a Witmer with that Broncos shirt on...and we didn't even buy it for him! HA!
Oh how challenging a great picture is when there are 6 kids plus2 adults. I didn't get a single one that all were looking at me and had eyes open. Sorry.
We were glad to go at Thanksgiving because it was also my nephew's birthday that week and for the first time the boys got to go to his birthday party which was a dodgeball party. They had a blast and even Phil and Uncle Steve got in on the dodgeball action...
While we were there, we also celebrated Christmas with the Witmer's. The boys got these awesome sleds from Aunt Jul and Uncle Andy. We were all very spoiled this year and got great gifts.
Kiara got this PINK t-ball set from Uncle Steve and "Uncle" Heidi. She tried it out right away that day since it was so warm out. She loves it, but you have to watch out with a bat in this girl's hands!
We had a great trip...there are so many more pictures I could put and maybe some day when I am caught up, I can go back and pick out some of my favorites...but I'm trying to minimize! It was good to see everyone...wish we could see them more often. We love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment