Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cleaning Frenzy Surprise

I am very behind on my blogging...but wanted to post about a week ago.  We had very exciting times in the last two weeks!  Mom and Dad found out they were going to be able to move back into their house and there was cleaning to be done.  My mom does not ask for help, so I decided to coordinate a surprise for her.  I invited a bunch of her friends and a few family members to have a surprise cleaning night for her.  The night we did it, I texted her from school and said that Kiara and I were planning on going out to clean a little and did he want to go with us or could I borrow her key... thankfully she said she was planning on going anyway.  So, we got out there and were doing a few things when my cousin Katie slipped in the back.  Mom just assumed she was stopping by to see the progress...until her friend Sherry came walking in...and then Aunt Peggy and Uncle Ron...and then her friend Phyllis and hubby Ron...and then...Aunt Deb...then her friend Judy...I was afraid she had figured it out, but as each new person came in, you could see her surprise!  Hooray!  Here is Deb (with Kiara supervising) cleaning the brand new stove delivered that day!
Unfortunately since I was the organizer of the event, mom made me assign duties to everyone.  We cleaned bathrooms, wiped down walls, cleaned all of the trim work (black with soot still), washed windows, washed inside the closets, took tags off of all the stuff professionally cleaned and had a lot of fun chatting with everyone...and sharing one pair of scissors! ;)
Here are Sherry and Mom working on one of the bathrooms.
Aunt Peggy cleaning the trimwork and closet of all the soot.  Her and my uncle have worked ENDLESS hours with my parents through all of this.  They have been such a great support and can never be thanked enough.  We sooooo appreciate everything!
We had some fun too...and no one liked getting their picture taken...but check out this action shot of Judy trying to shoot me with windex!
Sherry, Phyllis and Judy (mom is inside the tub)
Dad was glad for both of the Ron's to be there.  They helped him fix the kitchen sink, which was not getting any hot water and then they hung the shelves in his room in the basement.
We got so much done that night.  I've never had so much cleaning in my life!  Mom was definitely surprised (Dad was in on the secret)!  Better yet......?  We had it all ready to move into that weekend! Those pictures will be coming later!  Thank you to everyone who helped and have supported them through this nightmare!  Hopefully we are on the upswing from here on out!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so awesome! I bet your mom was so surprised when all of her helpers came. I'm sure that made the jobs more fun to have friends/family to share them with.

Jessica said...

what a sweet thing to do for your mom and dad! cleaning is so much more fun iwth help! :)