Thursday, August 4, 2011

She May Look Like a Sweetie Pie...

Look at this face...Doesn't it look angelic?  Innocent? So incredibly sweet?  Well...she is...but she also can be a stinker.  She even called herself a stinker the other day.  So I have a story.  I have lots of stories of her naughtiness actually...biting a boy in the nursery and breaking the skin, hitting her brothers, running away from us...and the list goes on, but this particular instance...was especially angelic!
I  had to go to the doctor for poison ivy last week.  I only took Kiara with me.  I had to fill out some paperwork when I went because of a new computer system.  As I am filling it out, she goes to the play area of the waiting room and is playing so nicely.  In fact, I was feeling prideful at how sweet she was being.  Pride comes before the fall, right?  Well...I look up just in time to see a tiny little girl walking past Kiara.  Kiara reaches out and pushes her with both hands straight back and onto her bottom and then goes back to playing.  I was MORTIFIED!  I apologized to the mom, made sure the little girl was okay and then made Kiara apologize and come to sit by me in "time out".  I go back to working on the paperwork, while Kiara continually yells at me, "I not in time out!  I NOT in time out!  I not in TIME OUT!"   The entire waiting room was staring and probably thinking...that mother must not discipline her child at all.  I was so embarrassed!
But look how incredibly sweet she LOOKS!!!  When we got back into the patient room she switched into an angel again because it was a Mickey Mouse room and she was adorable jumping around naming the characters and entertaining the nurse and nurse practitioner.
Here is Kiara patting her "horsey".  She sits on the arm of the couch and pretends she is riding a horse, as she watched this a lot at the fair...she saw some of "her girls" lean down and pat their horses at the end of a class, so now she does that too.
If you notice...she has style too.  Cowboy boots and monkey pajamas.  She LOVES her boots.  She was sitting there chatting away with her pretend friends.  Sooo sweet!

Yep, she is a stinker, and ornery and sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out...but I love her to pieces and since she looks like a sweetie pie and actually behaves that way "sometimes"...even the naughtiness is cause to smile at times.  Love this girl and her spunk.  I'm in trouble in the teen years I think.
She has now started requesting me to take her picture...she loves being the model and then seeing the pictures.  We had her 3 year pictures taken today...oh my, she had fun and they turned out wonderfully... Love our little "sweetie pie"!




1 comment:

Alicia said...

Oh my! I'm pretty sure we should not let our girls play together. They could learn some new ornery things from each other. Good thing God made 'em cute! :)